During a simple dental bonding procedure at our Lakeville, NY, practice, Dr. Brian Hirschfield can thoroughly enhance your smile. With this treatment, he can correct minor imperfections, such as chips, cracks, and discolored teeth. At Lakeview Dental, we will use a carefully selected composite resin to match the natural color of your smile. Dr. Hirschfield also works carefully and precisely to deliver subtle, natural-looking results. Bonding can be a great option if you want a complete smile transformation, but you do not qualify for porcelain veneers. We can also combine bonding with additional treatments during a customized smile makeover.
Is Dental Bonding the Right Cosmetic Treatment for You?
Bonding may be a good choice if you are struggling with cosmetic issues such as:
- Small cracks that have not significantly weakened your teeth
- Internal stains that teeth whitening cannot address
- Gaps between your teeth
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Dental erosion or teeth that are unusually small
While bonding and veneers can achieve similar effects, bonding may be more appropriate if your enamel has started to erode.
How We Perform Dental Bonding
Before performing dental bonding, Dr. Hirschfield will inquire about the results you hope to achieve. He will also evaluate your oral health before creating a specific treatment plan. As he works, he will include you in the planning process. You will be able to request certain outcomes or modifications to your procedure.
When creating your treatment plan, Dr. Hirschfield will also assess the color of your teeth to accurately choose a corresponding shade of composite. Before applying the material, he may treat your teeth with a special solution. The mild chemicals will roughen the front of your teeth, producing invisible grooves. With this added surface area, the resin will better adhere to your teeth. Dr. Hirschfield will then cover the treatment area in composite. He can apply the material to one tooth or to your entire smile, depending on the specific results you hope to achieve. Not only can he cover surface blemishes, but he can also smooth the composite so that it blends with your smile and matches your dental enamel. Finally, he will cure the material with a special light and polish it for a lifelike sheen. The entire process will typically take an hour or less per tooth.
Bonding is suitable for a wide array of patients, including those with previous decay or worn teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Bonding
Bonding is a very popular procedure for a number of reasons. Its advantages include:
- Conservative treatment. Your dentist will not need to reshape your teeth or remove any enamel. In contrast, porcelain veneers require significant prep work.
- Dental bonding can be a more affordable alternative to porcelain veneers.
- This procedure is easily reversed if patients do not like the results or wish to undergo another cosmetic procedure.
- Bonding is suitable for a wide array of patients, including those with previous decay or worn teeth.
- Treatment results can last five to seven years. We can easily perform affordable touch-up bonding treatments, as needed.
- Most significantly, bonding offers aesthetic results that can update your smile and help you look years younger.
In addition to these cosmetic effects, you could enjoy a huge increase in your self-confidence when the chips, cracks, or discoloration of your teeth has been addressed with dental bonding.
Restore Your Brilliant Smile
If you have cosmetic concerns about your teeth, you could a candidate for dental bonding. Call our office at (585) 346-3028 or contact is online to schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Hirschfield.