A Smile Makeover Combines Cosmetic Procedures for a Customized Treatment Plan
A smile makeover at our Lakeville, NY, practice combines several cosmetic procedures to deliver a comprehensive enhancement that is not possible with a single procedure alone. Dr. Brian Hirschfield can provide results tailored to your exact goals for a dramatic transformation. At Lakeview Dental, we provide customized care with a friendly and personalized approach. We will begin your makeover with a thorough consultation. This will allow you to participate in the creation of a one-of-a-kind treatment plan. Then we will perform your selected procedures using gentle techniques. With our modern methods and materials, we can achieve stunning results that can enhance both your appearance and your self-confidence.
Your Cosmetic Consultation
We want to ensure that your makeover gives you a smile that you are proud to share. Therefore, we will schedule you for a thorough consultation before beginning your treatment. At this time, we will explain all of our cosmetic procedures. Then we will outline several different combinations that could benefit you. We will help you select the treatments that are most in line with your personal goals, health needs, and budget. If applicable, we will also choose restorative materials that match your smile, guaranteeing lifelike results.
Are You a Smile Makeover Candidate?
A smile makeover offers transformative results and can be a good option for patients with multiple cosmetic imperfections. A smile makeover can address:
- Discoloration (both external and internal)
- Chipped teeth
- Small cracks
- Minor misalignment
- Misshapen and worn teeth
- Unusually small teeth
- A “gummy smile,” characterized by excess gum tissue
To undergo an elective cosmetic procedure, you should have strong teeth and healthy gums and be in good overall health. Dr. Hirschfield will need to treat decay or gum disease before proceeding with your makeover. A healthy oral foundation can significantly increase your chances of successful, aesthetic results.
We will help you select the treatment plan that is most in line with your personal goals, health needs, and budget.
The Smile Makeover Process
Because a smile makeover is personalized to address each patient's individual needs, every treatment plan is different. Typically, we will perform your various cosmetic procedures in several phases. However, you can often choose the order in which your treatments are performed. Your makeover could include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Porcelain veneers are a popular choice because they can have transformative effects, even without being combined with another procedure. Using state-of-the-art porcelain that is both natural-looking and durable, a trusted lab will create these thin shells. After they are attached to your teeth, they can fully mask a variety of blemishes.
- Dental bonding
- Dental bonding is an affordable and effective alternative to veneers. With this option, your dentist will use composite resin to conceal flaws. The treatment is more conservative than veneers because it does not require any removal of dental enamel.
- Teeth whitening
- We proudly offer Opalescence® take-home whitening. This method combines custom-made trays with bleaching gel to erase dental stains. When we include teeth whitening in your makeover, we will often provide this treatment first. That way, we can match your veneers or bonding to the newly enhanced shade of your smile.
- Gum contouring
- Dr. Hirschfield performs gum contouring with high-tech diode lasers. This advanced technology can conservatively straighten your gum line and remove excess tissue with negligible discomfort.
- Certain restorative procedures
- In select cases, we may include restorative procedures in your makeover. For example, a crown could enhance a severely worn or disproportionate tooth. We could also replace an old metal filling with a more realistic tooth-colored restoration. Often, these restorative options will be performed before you undergo further cosmetic treatments.
In every makeover, our team will strive to provide beautiful and lasting final results. You can achieve the personalized smile of your dreams.
Ready to Begin Your Smile Makeover?
If you are ready to begin planning your custom smile makeover, call our office at (585) 346-3028 or contact us online to schedule your consultation with Dr. Hirschfield. He can assess the state of your oral health and make recommendations about which treatments to include in your treatment plan.